Sunday, December 13, 2009

How NOT to host a dinner party.




A friend of mine was kind enough to ask me over for an early birthday dinner.
Not just for me, mind you, but for another friend of his who was also having a birthday close to Christmas.
Now, to begin with, this blog is anonymous...  Not outing anybody...
When I arrived I was surprised to see my friend, the cook, wasted out of his mind.
"How in the hell is he gonna make a dinner" I thought.
We were supposed to be watching the Jets game but somehow in his drunken stooper we ended up watching almost 2 hrs of MTV's "Jersey Shore"....
:(
???
He attempted to grill a marinated flank steak on the outdoor grill in the pouring rain.
Not only was it almost completely raw but he sliced it with the grain as opposed to against it.
The steak was almost rock-hard.  Nobody there could chew it.
The only side was canned creamed corn.
I've been to his house many times and was blown away by his cooking.
Tonight, on the other hand, was very... very sad...
Never, ever, invite a friend over for dinner and get trashed on tequila that afternoon.
THE FOOD WILL NOT TURN OUT OKAY!
Needless to say, he was embarrassed that he had to throw all the food away.
I felt bad.
But, the dude is 40 years old!!!
His girlfriend saved him with making her rendition of Red Lobster's cheesy-buttery buiscuits.
(And they were truly amazing :)
Live and learn.
Lesson learned... my friend needs AA... seriously
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment